Platinum Chanca Piedra
Chanca piedra is a South American herb that has been used traditionally to help pass kidney stones. In fact, the English translation for chanca piedra is ‘stone crusher.’ Peer reviewed clinical evidence validates its historical use to help with calcium-oxalate stones, which represents 80% of kidney stones.
Quantity: 90 vegetarian capsules
Ingredients: 500 mg Chanca Piedra (Phyllanthus niruri) 10:1 extract
Recommended adult dosage: 1 capsule once daily, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
12 in stock
The traditional healers of Peru were not far off when they coined the name “stone crusher.” Studies have shown that Chanca Piedra (Phyllanthus Niruri) interferes with many stages of stone formation and has the ability to promote relaxation of the muscle specific to the urinary tract.
Chanca Piedra herb has diuretic properties. Several human studies have reported that Chanca Piedra may increase urinary output.
Protect against infection
Chanca Piedra has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 2000 years as an antimicrobial agent. Studies have shown that Chanca Piedra is effective against bacterial strains, such as E. coli, that are frequently associated with urinary tract infections.
Cleanse and detoxify the kidney
In Traditional Chinese Medicine the kidney is considered the mother organ. Blockages of energy or Qi may result in harmful toxins accumulating in the body. Headaches, back pain, low energy, and puffiness in the face or legs may be triggered by kidney congestion. Chanca Piedra can be used to gently cleanse and detoxify the kidney, helping the body rejuvenate.
Chanca Piedra has been shown to dissolve, eliminate and/or block the recurrence of stones, in susceptible individuals.
- A 2006 Brazilian study showed that the therapeutic effect of Chanca Piedra may be due to its ability to modify the shape and texture of stones (calculi) to a smoother and more fragile form, which would allow for easier elimination and/or dissolution of the stones.(1)
- Another study published in Urological Research demonstrated that Chanca Piedra has an inhibitory effect on crystal growth and aggregation in human urine, which may inhibit stone formation, acting as an important part of a prevention strategy in those with a past history of kidney stones.(2)
- A 2006 study involving 150 kidney stone patients, as reported in the Journal of Urology, tested the efficacy of Chanca Piedra supplementation in patients administered shock wave therapy. Shock wave therapy ( delivered from outside the body) breaks down stones to facilitate their elimination. Upon completion of this therapy approximately half of the patients were given 2 grams of Chanca Piedra every day, for 30 days. The remainder of the group did not take Chanca Piedra and acted as controls. Stone clearance was assessed after 30, 60, 90 and 180 days by abdominal x-ray and ultrasound scan. The Chanca Piedra patients were shown to have a stone-free rate 10% -23% lower than the control group.(3)
- 1. Barros ME, Schor N, Boim MA. Effects of an aqueous extract from Phyllantus niruri on calcium oxalate crystallization in vitro. Urol Res. 2003 Feb;30(6):374-9. Epub 2003 Jan 21.
- 2. Barros ME, Lima R, Mercuri LP, Matos JR, Schor N, Boim MA. Effect of extract of Phyllanthus niruri on crystal deposition in experimental urolithiasis. Urol Res. 2006 Dec;34(6):351-7.
- 3. Micali S, Sihinolfi MC, Celia A, De Stefani S, Grande M, Cicero AF, Bianchi G. Can Phyllanthus niruri affect the efficacy of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for renal stones? A randomized, prospective, long-term study. J Urol. 2006 Sep;176(3):1020-2.
- Murugaiyah V, Chan KL. Antihyperuricemic lignans from the leaves of Phyllanthus niruri. Planta Med. 2006 Nov;72(14):1262-7. Epub 2006 Sep 1
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 11 cm|
6CH, 12CH, 30CH, 200CH, 1M
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.